It’s been a long six months hasn’t it? The year 2020, with its COVID-19, shutdowns, civil unrest and the stress and uncertainty of the future might be weighing on you.
We understand. It’s hard to be hopeful when news headlines and social media plant seeds of fear and doubt into our hearts.
But, at St. Joseph’s Indian School, we challenge you to fix your eyes on Jesus, our Savior. Remember that for everything there is a season. And remember what the Bible has to say in response to fear, stress and anxiety.
We’ve compiled 10 Bible verses that we hope will foster peace and hope in your hearts. Keep them close the next six months, or longer, to help reset your focus and give you peace of mind.
- “fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.” — Isaiah 41:10
- “May the Lord give strength to his people! May the Lord bless his people with peace!” — Psalm 29:11
- “It is the Lord who goes before you; he will be with you, he will not fail you or forsake you; do not fear or be dismayed.” — Deuteronomy 31:8
- “Therefore, since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have obtained access[b] to this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in our hope of sharing the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope.” — Romans 5:1-4
- “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” — Hebrews 11:1
- “Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13 You will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart.” — Jeremiah 29:12-13
- “And the angel of the Lord appeared to him and said to him, “The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor.” — Judges 6:12
- “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” — Matthew 11:28
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; be not frightened, neither be dismayed; for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” — Joshua 1:9
- “Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” — Philippians 4:6-7
For more daily verses and uplifting content, visit www.stjo.org/prayer.